1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium saucepan, add the diced zucchini, lemon juice, zest, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring every 5 minutes until the zucchini has softened.
3. While the zucchini is cooking, make the crisp topping. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove...
– 2 dozen free-range chicken wings (or mini drum sticks)
– 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1-2 teaspoons ancho or chipotle Chile powder (less for most kids)
– 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
– optional- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
– optional- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt
– optional- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Sauce Options: Try serving chicken wings with zesty aioli sauce, or homemade ranch dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Blend spices together in small mixing bowl.
3. Place chicken wings in large mixing bowl and toss with spice blend. Be sure to cover all pieces with a light coat of the spice blend.
4. Place chicken in baking dish and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
5. Serve hot.
Try this incredibly tasty and hearty lentil soup full of delicious plant-based protein from Chef Sally Cameron. Choose between Instant Pot or Stovetop as your preferred cooking method and garnish with your heart’s content - yum! And for more incredible recipes check out all the goodness from Chef Sally at A Foodcentric Life.
Click here to view the recipe.
For this week's Monday Motivation we thought we would put together some of our favorite recipes from a few of our faculty members here at Rise Together Today.
Dr. Mark Hymans Skillet Tofu with Broccoli and Peppers
This is a tasty and super-easy meal from Dr. Hyman's new cookbook Food the Cookbook that can be on the table in less than 20 minutes. You can easily use 1 pound of chicken or beef in place of the tofu as well as different vegetables depending on what’s available and in season.
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
2 large broccoli heads (about 1 pound total), cut into small florets
1⁄2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 pound non-GMO firm tofu, drained and crumbled
2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or filtered water
1 tablespoon arrowroot
2 tablespoons of filtered water
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
1⁄4 cup loosely packed...